Friday, October 22, 2010

Imagining Your Game

1.WHO are you designing your game for? (Include the player's age, abilities, and prior knowledge of your topic.)
This game will be created for kids aged 11-15. Children that age should have a good understanding about the topics.
2.WHAT will your game teach the player about your topic? (Be specific!)
 I really wnat my game to go deep nto the topics. For Littering, I will show the different types garbage and the place where littering is a BIG problem. For Rational Dividing, the problems will get harder as the game goes on.
3.WHERE does your game happen?
Describe the world you will design for your game.
The world in my game will Earth. But, to make the game a bit more enjoyable and difficult, I will slightly exaggerate the amounts of garabage and litter. For Math I will have set in a classroom.
4.How will this setting add to the learning experience?
Well, the classroom is something a student can certainly relate to. And the an earth with litter definetly goes with my game and will teach students that this problem that is right in their own towns and cities.
5.HOW does your game world teach the player about your topic?
Becasue the classroom setting lets them know that rational dividing is something that you learn in school. The world, as stated before, show the player that the game setting is real and that this a issue that in their towns.
6.What happens in the world that helps the player learn?
In my litter game, it starts out as a dark and dreary city full of litter. but if you beat the game by cleaning the city of all the trash, the city turns nice and beautiful. For my rational division game, the classroom setting is something a student could relate to. 
How does the player use what they learned to make something happen in the game?
When you learn about my topics, they can advance further. It will take a certain amount of knowledge to play my game. For example, each level will get harder, so the more you know the further you'll go. 
WHY is a game a better way of understanding your topic than a quiz?
A game is much more enjoyable way to learn for students. Kids would much rather have a moving game to teach them, rather than looking at soem words on paper. I'm sure you will learn from playing my game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment